This week more than 8000 people gathered in Barcelona for the 2016 edition of the IoT Solutions World Congress (IoTSWC). Microsoft was present and joined by many of it’s partners, including Belgian-based Codit. A lot has happened during...
Awingu brings legacy apps to the browser of any device
Recently, Awingu launched it's 'all-in-one' app in the Azure marketplace. With the 'All-in-One' app, deploying an online Awingu workspace becomes childs play.
“With Awingu 3.2 customers can now deploy a fully mobile workspace in a matter of minutes and we are excited that they are doing this by integrating with Azure AD and the Azure Marketplace," says Steven Guggenheimer, Corporate Vice President & Chief Evangelist, Microsoft.Offering the ‘Awingu All-in-One’ on Azure Marketplace will significantly shorten and smoothen the creation of a complete workspace environment in the Azure Cloud. Using a simple installation wizard, IT administrators can setup and configure Awingu and back-end applications servers in a matter of minutes.
Awingu, who?Today’s work is mobile, and having a mobile workforce is high on every CIO’s agenda. Yet more often than not, implementation often lags due to constraints from legacy IT systems and security. Awingu removes those constraints. It brings legacy applications to the browser of any device (pc, laptop or tablet). With Awingu, every application can run in the secured ‘sandbox’ of your browser, and there is no need to configure or manage the device. But Awingu doesn’t stop with “legacy” apps. It brings together ‘the old’ and ‘the new’ and allows access to SaaS applications with just ONE login. Fully secured. Fully managed. Fully audited. Finally, next to applications, Awingu also aggregates files... and that makes a very rich online workspace experience.
- Intuitive: designed for intuitive use. No installations required on the device
- Any device: access your workspace on any device via a connected browser (e.g., Edge, Chrome, Safari, Firefox).
- Hybrid Cloud: run Awingu on Azure. Connect to applications and files running in any cloud.
- Secure: multi-factor authentication built-in. No footprint on the device
- Great TCO: much better TCO compared to alternative solutions and thus a better 'time to value'
Use-casesAwingu is adopted across multiple verticals and company sizes. It counts companies such as 'the Belgian Federal Police', Hospital of Imelda, Proximus, InfoDidac, ... amongst its users.
Awingu for Software CompaniesMany software companies still provide a classic, on premisse, software to customers. While the customer demand for mobile and 'service' based solutions is growing from their customer-base, the cost- and time-effort to rebuilt the (legacy) software from the base up often means a transition to SaaS isn't possible. This is where Awingu can step-in. Software companies can leverage the 'html5 gateway' and multi-tenancy of Awingu to 'SaaS-ify' their legacy software. InfoDidac is one of the software companies' customers that decided to transform their business model by leveraging on Azure and Awingu. InfoDidac is the developer of ‘ProEco’. This is the core administration software, used in 1300 schools in the Belgian French Community. ‘ProEco’ is a legacy software that runs locally on the PC of the end-user. It was not built to run as a SaaS service. In the 21st century, schools and their staff need to work more and more efficiently and flexibly. Infodidac decided to build a cloud version of ProEco, called ‘CloudEco’ by leveraging Awingu and Microsoft Azure.
“Awingu allows us to run our application via the internet while it was not developed to do so originally”, Says Renaud Ziegler, CEO Infodidac
The benefits for Infodidac
- No new code: No need to re-write legacy application. Awingu makes it available in the browser (in html5)
- Easy to install and maintain: The setup of Awingu was done in a very short time, upgrades are done in a matter of minutes
- Customized: The Awingu workspace is customized to the wishes and look & feel of Infodidac
- Multi-tenant: thanks to the multi-tenancy of the Awingu, management of schools and users became a lot easier
Check it out
- Sigrid Vandenweghe
- Estimated reading time: 3 minutes